The Intensive Program is a semester-long immersion in art instruction, offered through the Continuing Studies department. It is offered for the Summer, Spring or Fall Semesters. Students in the Intensive take 21 hours of instruction per week and work with an advisor to tailor a course load that works best for their schedule, skill level and interests. Classes are offered in a wide range of subjects, including oil painting, watercolor, portraiture, sculpture, landscapes, drawing, printmaking and much more. Click here for a full class list and to register.
Students in the Intensive Program have full access to the Academy’s extracurricular offerings, from artist talks with major art stars to panel discussions featuring an impressive range of critics, curators, and art world figures.
Students in the Intensive Program receive a 10% discount off Continuing Education tuition. No special application is required, please contact the Continuing Education Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
What is the Continuing Education Intensive Program?
The CE Intensive Program consists of a grouping of seven Continuing Education classes rolled into a 12-week intensive program that is customized to suit individual needs and goals.
Which courses are included and how are they chosen?
Any seven of the currently offered CE courses can be taken and are selected based upon the student’s particular interests and goals. We work with you individually to create a course load that reflects what you want from the program. We offer a wide variety of courses including sculpture, figure drawing, landscape painting, still –life, figurative watercolor, and many more.
Is there an application process? How do I get in?
No. It is a non-matriculated program – meaning there is no application process, anyone can join. Simply contact the Continuing Education department email@example.com to begin your registration.
How much does it cost?
On average, the program costs $2,700 – $3,000. The price varies minimally, depending on which classes you sign up for, because there are different costs for courses that require models or specific material fees. Intensive Program students also receive a 10% discount of the total cost.
When does it start/end?
You can join the program at the beginning of any semester and will complete it within the 12 week duration.
Who should sign up?
The CE Intensive program is great for people who:
- Have a short period of time but want to get a solid amount of technical training in.
- Are interested in developing a portfolio or improving their skills in a particular area.
- International students who are here for a select period of time.
- High school/Independent art teachers who need training and skills to take back to their programs and therefore require a broad range of classes.
- Recent high school graduates who are looking to build a solid portfolio to apply to an undergraduate institution.
- Students who have been regularly taking CE classes and gradually increasing their commitment/course load. They may already be halfway there and want to fully engage in a program that offers a little more structure.
- Students who want to improve quickly within a short period of time by reaping the benefits of cross pollination of ideas and techniques.
- Working artists who want to expand their expertise – perhaps you are a painter who wants more sculptural training or a draftsperson who wants to become more adept in the world of color theory and painting.
- Artists who have been out of the world of academia for a while and want to re-engage in the technical skills training it offers.
- Anyone who is apprehensive about making the full commitment required for the certificate/degree programs but still wants to immerse themselves in a strong foundations program.